Weiss FT Plus: Colour Enhancement
FT Plus is a wet-look colour enhancer for natural stone and concrete paving. It also provides staining protection against marks made by grease, oils, fats, fast food, tyre rubber and footwear.
It is an excellent and effective product, though IT DOES COME WITH A CAUTION: Even the slightest hint of damp in the paving it is applied to could lead to whitish surface staining.
Ideally, it should be applied to paving before it is laid, or within weeks of paving that has been freshly laid on water permeable bedding, such as tuffbed or tuffbed 2-Pack. Coverage is dependent on the porosity of the stone it is applied to but typically, 1 litre will treat up to 20 m².
FT Plus bonds within the pores beneath the pavement surface, forming a breathable, highly resilient sub-surface system which is resistant to staining and which reflects the light in a way that makes the surface appear the same as similar untreated paving would when wet.
FT Plus gives consistent, even and long-lasting results. It is highly oil and water repellent and does not cause any reduction in slip resistance. But, please remember:
IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF BEDDING YOUR PAVING HAS BEEN LAID ON YOU SHOULD SEEK ADVICE OR CONTACT US BEFORE PURCHASING FT PLUS. THIS IS A SPECIALIST PRODUCT WHICH CAN STAIN PAVING AND BRICKWORK IF NOT MANAGED CORRECTLY.
As with any such product, be sure to give the bottle a good shake before use and remember, it's always best to try a small test area first.
pH Value: n/a
Density: 1.0 g/cm³ at 20°C
- 1-litre plastic bottles
- 5-litre plastic bottles
- 10-litre plastic bottles
FT Plus will keep for 6 months from the date of delivery if stored in its original packaging and kept frost free.
- Approximately 1-20 m² per 1 litre dependent upon the porosity of the surface.
- Highly absorbent sandstone: ~ 1-5 m² per 1 litre
- Honed granite: ~15-20 m² per 1 litre
How to use:
- WEISS FT Plus is applied to the upper surface of clean, dry paving elements, to enhance colour giving a 'wet look' and also to protect against mild staining.
- Apply when the surface is between 5-25°C. Do not dilute and mix well before use.
- Newly constructed paving should be allowed to dry thoroughly for four to six weeks before FT Plus is applied.
- Also be aware that if the base isn't fully permeable, any residual damp beneath will be absorbed into the paving.
- For existing installations, the entire paving - not just the surface - should be uniformly and thoroughly dry.
- In all cases, if you are at all unsure, please contact us for further advice.
- Apply evenly using a brush or roller to a dry and clean surface until no more is absorbed and the surface appears wet and glossy.
- If applying a second coat to a highly absorbent surface, do so within a maximum of 20 minutes. It is important to remove any surplus from the surface with a cloth, sponge or squeegee before it dries.
- Treated surfaces may be walked on after 4-6 hours.
- Protection against rain and soiling in 24 hours.
- Full protection develops within 2-4 days