Currently unavailable to purchase due to Canvey factory improvement works.
tuffbed Utility is a pre-mixed bedding mortar packaged in moisture-resistant 25 kg bags for convenience in storage, handling, mixing and application. Designed for use in domestic driveway, paths and patios as well as public realm, commercial projects which only have a Type A bedding mortar requirement.
It is a requirement of BS7533-101 that laying course material be non-frost susceptible, permeable when cured and meet all the bedding mortar characteristics in Table 9. In addition, when tested in accordance with Annex C, bedding mortars will have a maximum capillary rise of 20mm. ‘tuffbed Utility’ pre-mixed meets or exceeds ALL of the requirements for Type 25 bedding mortars.
- Pre-mixed bedding mortar in a single bag.
- Suitable for bedding depths of 30-70mm.
- Reduces the effect of efflorescence, frost damage and picture framing on paving.
- Fully complies with BS7533-101, Table 9, Type 25 bedding mortars.
- Suitable for natural stone, porcelain, concrete and granite paving units.
- Ideal for domestic and local authority utility projects.
- Polymer and Resin free
- Clean area and paving units
- Mix with water in a mixer
- Check mix consistency
- Place tuffbed Utility bedding mortar
- Brush on the bonding mortar
- Bed unit onto tuffbed Utility bedding mortar
Add the water to achieve a mix consistency which should be sticky, so that a ball can be formed in the palm of one's hand. Bonding mortar where required should be applied using a stiff brush. Allow 24 hours to set before walking on the paving.
For trafficked applications, where there is a concrete base present, a layer of tuffbond priming mortar should be applied to the concrete base before the mixed bedding mortar is put in place.
Using Steintec's tuffbed Utility bedding mortar not only has the structural performance required for all domestic paving projects Pathways and Patios but also Driveways. With the added benefit of preventing the upward capillary action of water to the paving surface typically associated with traditional mortars, which create pattern staining and efflorescence on the paving surface.
Watch the Steintec timelapse video showing the capillary action over a 13 hour 53 minute period.
Talk to Steintec about tuffbed Utility
Fill in the boxes to find out exactly how much you will need.