- Category: Mortar Type - Bonding
- Enquire Now
tuffbond Utility is a bonding and priming mortar used to enhance the adhesion bond between the paving units and bedding mortar and where present, between the bedding mortar and supporting concrete structure.
For ease of use tuffbond Utility has been packaged in pre-measured sachets contained in a reusable, recyclable tub. With individual sachets, only the required amount of tuffbond Utility is used and wastage is minimised.
- Creates the essential adhesion bond between bedding and the paving element
- For small scale paved areas in; sandstone, granite, concrete and porcelain paving units
- A 1–2 mm thick coat of tuffbond utility, enhances adhesion by 100%
- Polymer and resin free
- Provides full BS 7533 compliance used in conjunction with tuffbed Utility and tufftop Utility jointing mortar
- Prepare equipment
- Wash underside of paving units
- Add 1 L of water per sachet to the tub
- Add the sachet to tub and mix
- Brush apply 1-2mm thick coat to the paving unit
- Place the primed paving unit on bedding